Smith, AB T0G 2B0
Smith School Fast Facts
- 76 students registered at the school
- The School was updated in 2015 by school staff painting the inside of the school, and staff and community members painting the outside of the school.
- “Leader in Me” and “Apple” School
- A Parent Group - runs a Breakfast for Learning Program, which offers a healthy snack to students every morning.
- Smith School University Program every Friday morning. This is where students are offered different programs from community members and staff, from Construction of Lego Class, Dance and taking care of the school garden.
- Travel program - for grades 4 through to High school. Students have gone to China, England, Italy, Greece, France, Belgium, Netherlands and Costa Rica. During Spring Break of March 2018, the students will be travelling to Ireland.
- Options are offered to Grade 6-9 students include Music (band), art, foods and computers.
- Different clubs that students can participate in - Shrub Club, Girls and Boys Club, Student Lighthouse Team/Student Leadership Team (which run school assemblies and school activities, such as winter carnival), Community Club, Archery, and after school sports team.
- Liddell, Brenna
- Administrative Assistants
- McConnell, Chris
- Andruik, Dan - Grade 8/9 Homeroom
- Chernish, Caitlynn - Grade 4/5 Homeroom
- Hensch, Amber - Grade 6/7 Homeroom
- Jeffries, Lauren - Kindergarten/Grade 1 Homeroom
- Liddell, Brenna - Teaches Grade 8/9 PE/Social 8/9
- Mcleod, Jennifer - Grade 2/3 Homeroom
Important Contact Numbers
|Virgina Wasieszko||Parent Lighthouse Team||780-829-3719|
|Nancy Sand||School Trustee||780-829-2190|
|Amber McConaghy||Smith Preschool Association||780-829-2569|
|Michelle Sholtz||1st Smith Scouts||780-849-0380|
|Nancy Sand||Smith Community Development Council||780-829-2190|
|Devin Attfield||Smith Hondo Agricultural Recreation Association|
|Ruth Reay||Smith Community Library||780-829-2389|
|Sheila Willis||Geocaching/Moose River Tours||780-805-1390|
|Mirror Landing and Beyond|